Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Fruit of Halloween




Halloween comes, Halloween goes and Halloween comes again.

Pumpkins are picked, pumpkins are carved and Jack-O-Lanterns are lit.

Costumes are worn, tricks are played and treats are given.

However,
even in the dark, creepy and crawly night fruit is found.

It comes in the form of a child that calls out, "Happyween" with each knock of the door.

It also is found in knowing that you will read: A Favorite Halloween Story of Mine.

So to my daughter I say, "I hope you always have a Happyween." To my friend, Cherie Bowser, I offer my
gratitude and to all of you I say thank you for your readership.

Originally Published on Yahoo! Contributor Network  (Y!CN) on November 1, 2009

Sources: My personal experiences and inspiration provided by my daughter

Image provided courtesy of: Wikimedia Commons, Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment